Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Noob tech inspection question (Read 2,594 times)
ToddMorin
Spectator

Spec Miata

Noob tech inspection question
Aug 16th, 2012 at 6:57am

I've register for the Labour Daze double novice race event, and would also like to do some practice on the Friday before. I'm still organizing with Pam on when I can pickup my log book. The practice session states that I need a valid log book, but it looks like the tech on Friday starts after the practice is done. I had my car inspected for the Driver Training last month, but I'm assuming that isn't sufficient (and I did install a fire extinguisher and kill switch since then).

Question:
As a first timer, what do I need to do to make sure I can run the practice on Friday?

IP Logged

Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Re: Noob tech inspection question
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 9:15am

Todd. If i remember rite  ,  you used a SM for your DT. Having installed the swtich and fire ext. and your car has a SM cage and window net ,  also you have all your personal gear , driving suit , shoes . gloves , and an SA 2005 Helmet , someone there should be able to look at your car before practice .
Contact Jim Kurtz  6042987227
CACC Tech Inspector

IP Logged

Pigpen
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 11:11am

Tod,

Am I correct in thinking that your car was already prepped to Spec Miata rules and just missing a few of the safety requirements (although I didn't check your car that closely myself). It's a shame you didn't see if you could have arranged to get Jim Kurts and/or Mike Curie to check your car on the BCHMR weekend. However Kurt is correct, there probably will be someone at the track on the Friday that can check your car, you do want to contact Jim so there is a better chance that whoever is there can issue a logbook.

Hope to dice with you in the Novice race. I'll be running a Pro 3 car, but I won't be going through corners on three wheels with that.

Mike

IP Logged

ToddMorin
Spectator

Spec Miata

Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 6:32pm

Thanks for the info! I'll get in contact with Jim to figure out what I need to do.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print