Practice day tech (Read 2,109 times)
alangbaker
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Practice day tech
Apr 2nd, 2013 at 10:07am

Greetings all!

I've just registered for both the Friday practice and the novice OW race on Saturday, but I have a question:

The schedule for the Saturday race indicates that tech inspection for it is open Friday from 5:30-7:30, but is there tech inspection in the morning for Friday's practice sessions?

My car is just going back together this week and coming weekend (please, please: let my fuel cell get back on time!), and I will definitely need annual tech done before I can take it out on track.

Alan

IP Logged

TECHMAN
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing! It's safer

Re: Practice day tech
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 1:41pm

For the event tech, you must go through registration first and bring the form to the Scrutineers.

IP Logged

unxetas
Pro Circuit

Volvooo!

Reply #2 - Apr 3rd, 2013 at 3:00pm

Alan, there usually isn't a tech inspection before Friday test sessions. It's kinda left up to you to use your judgment on whether or not your car is safe to go on track. Might I add that that's still the case even on race weekends - tech is there to help and flag obvious safety flaws, but it's always up to us to bring a safe car to the track! Wink

-Tiago Santos

IP Logged

alangbaker
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 12:49pm

unxetas wrote on Apr 3rd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Alan, there usually isn't a tech inspection before Friday test sessions. It's kinda left up to you to use your judgment on whether or not your car is safe to go on track. Might I add that that's still the case even on race weekends - tech is there to help and flag obvious safety flaws, but it's always up to us to bring a safe car to the track! Wink

Fair enough... ...but the point is temporarily rendered moot, because I've lost too much time to being sick to get my car ready for this weekend anyway. Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print