Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Attn: Novice Race Licence Holders (Read 12,422 times)
Vintage Bluenoser
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Attn: Novice Race Licence Holders
Apr 26th, 2013 at 4:28pm

A reminder that you are eligible to enter a Practice Day with a current Novice Licence. Your next opportunity at Mission will be on Friday, May 24th. This is the VRCBC's Practice Day prior to the BCHMR weekend. It is open to all OW and CW racing cars, not just Vintage and/or BCHMR entrants. Registration is through MotorsportReg.com. http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/CD6742CD-D5FB...

IP Logged

Bob_Williams
Pro Circuit

SMILE !!!!  Life is a
BLAST!!!  lUVYABYE

Canada
Re: Attn: Novice Race Licence Holders
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2013 at 7:05am

What a great opportunity for a test and tune day before the next race w/e June 22, 23, that does not have a Friday practice attached. Thanks BCHMR for opening this May 24th. up to the masses.  Smiley

Winning isn't everything......but making the effort too, is!
IP Logged

2muchfun247
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Richmond B.C.
Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2013 at 9:52am

Hi I am registered for the practise day in time attack , but my car is full race prepared i run cw1 and cw2 on race weekends  .In the practise schedule it shows open wheel  closed wheel and time attack   I was just wondering wich run group for practise i would run and also i am sure some of the novice drivers would also like to know which run group for practisse as well. I would like to run with the open wheel guys as there is only 1 time attack car  registered for the practise  {me} and would seem to be unfair to alternate ow , cw  and then time attack  for just my car  { if in fact i am the only car registered by practise day} Thanks So much Todd #124

IP Logged

PRO3
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

North Vancouver
Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2013 at 10:37am

Todd, On practice days they usually put all CW and all OW together, regardless of which "sub group" you registered for.

IP Logged

Vintage Bluenoser
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #4 - Apr 27th, 2013 at 3:19pm

We just realized that the only entry options we have provided on MotorsportReg.com for the May 24th Practice Day are the actual BCHMR entry groups. Soon - probably tomorrow - we will be adding two more options for racing cars: 'Open Wheel-Other' and 'Closed Wheel-Other'. That should work. Thanks for the interest.

IP Logged

2muchfun247
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Richmond B.C.
Reply #5 - Apr 27th, 2013 at 5:55pm

Thanks  so  much                 Todd #124

IP Logged

racerabbit
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #6 - Apr 28th, 2013 at 6:29pm

Quote:
What a great opportunity for a test and tune day before the next race w/e June 22, 23, that does not have a Friday practice attached. Thanks BCHMR for opening this May 24th. up to the masses. 

correct me if i am wrong bob but the Next CACC race is June 8,9.

also... just curious why we dont have a practice every weekend?

IP Logged

Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
Reply #7 - Apr 28th, 2013 at 7:57pm

There are several reasons why we don't have practice days every weekend.
1. Track availability
2. Cost vs. attendance - if we run more than a couple practice days per year we don't get enough turnout to cover the costs
3. Staff - practice days are put on by the RDC, and it's tough to get enough members out to man the corners if we have too many days

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

Bob_Williams
Pro Circuit

SMILE !!!!  Life is a
BLAST!!!  lUVYABYE

Canada
Reply #8 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 6:57am

Ya.....what he said. Wink

IP Logged

Bob_Williams
Pro Circuit

SMILE !!!!  Life is a
BLAST!!!  lUVYABYE

Canada
Reply #9 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 7:01am

And yes...you are correct....June 8/9 is CACC #2. My bad  Tongue June 22/23 is Driver Training.

IP Logged

2muchfun247
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Richmond B.C.
Reply #10 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 7:22am

Perhaps more practice days could be discussed at  a club meeting , I am sure there are a few people out there that would like more practise days . How many cars do you need to make it viable ? If we could get some type of idea of cost that would help the decicsion process for drivers , as what to expect for cost and how many drivers we need to make it affordable . Thx Todd #124
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2013 at 12:52pm by 2muchfun247 »  

IP Logged

bunracer
Pro Circuit

Ice is nice to race on
too!

Reply #11 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 8:24am

Its almost irrelevant how much it costs to participate on a practice day for the participants when you can't get enough RDC members to man the track for you. The RDC is made up of volunteers who are taking days off work to come out and volunteer to man the track so you can practice and not many of them/us can do that too many times a year. We used to have more in a season and it was hard to get the volunteers and also the participation level waned to the point of un-profitability

IP Logged

2muchfun247
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Richmond B.C.
Reply #12 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 9:02am

What if it was mandatory  for all attendees to be flag workres and such alternateing when they are on and off the track or must they be rdc members ?  Thx for the info I understand that volunteers are essential to all of the track operations and i did not think about what it takes to run a practise day . Sorry .Thanks for the heads up  and for taking the time that you all  do  so we can have those practice days. Todd #124
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2013 at 12:55pm by 2muchfun247 »  

IP Logged

bunracer
Pro Circuit

Ice is nice to race on
too!

Reply #13 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 10:20am

I think the logistics of getting guys out of their cars and out on the track would be near impossible and would likely cut your on track time in half to say nothing of the fact that many of those drivers do not have the experience and expertise to be able to man a corner (sometimes solo) and keep things safe and smooth running for you participants

IP Logged

alangbaker
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #14 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 11:10am

bunracer wrote on Apr 29th, 2013 at 10:20am:
I think the logistics of getting guys out of their cars and out on the track would be near impossible and would likely cut your on track time in half to say nothing of the fact that many of those drivers do not have the experience and expertise to be able to man a corner (sometimes solo) and keep things safe and smooth running for you participants

I think that as a concept it's worth discussing.

Yes: it would cut into track time, but if a good system could be worked out, I don't think it would have to be that much. If you're alternating run groups with no break, then you can get about 3 sessions an hour and you've got about 3 hours before lunch and 3 hours after. If each session was stretched apart by a 10 minute break to get new crew out to the turn stations, you could get 6 sessions in with 4 turnover breaks in 2 hours, 40 minutes.

If that meant that you could schedule a couple of additional practice days each year...

And, yes: the first thing that would need to happen is that people would need to be trained and/or mentored to learn how to man a corner before they were allowed to work one solo, but it would give drivers a greater appreciation for the folks who are making it possible for them to drive.

Just thoughts from an admitted-newbie.

Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print