Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Classes for ICSCC (Read 5,629 times)
ColinH
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Classes for ICSCC
Aug 18th, 2013 at 1:03pm

Can't figure out which class I'd be with ICSCC race.  I have a 95 Mustang cobra which is IP1 with CACC.  Anyone know which class that would be for ICSCC?  I think it's GT1, but not 100% sure.  Thanks.

IP Logged

ReEntry Racer
International License

If it has wheels, we'll
race it...

Abbotsford BC
Re: Classes for ICSCC
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2013 at 6:56pm

You need to look at the RULES! Go to the ICSCC website and start reading.
Start here: (Weight to Power Ratios) You are likely in B Production (best guess...)

ICSCC RULES
C. 1.
(a) CLASS
A 12.9 and under
B 13.0
C 14.5
D 16.0
E 18.0
F 20.0
G 22.0
H 24.5
I 27.0 and over

These classifications are for minimum race weight with driver. A car may be classified to run in 3 adjoining classes, as long as minimum race weight is met. Example: B C D are adjoining, F G H are adjoining and H I J are also adjoining. Examples of car classes: A car with 140 stock horsepower to run in E class would have a minimum race weight of 2520 pounds: 140 times 18 equals 2520. A car with 75 stock horsepower to run in H class would have a minimum race weight of 1838: 75 times 24.5 equals 1837.5 rounded to 1838. Race weight rounding will be determined by standard mathematical rounding. 0.5 to 0.9 gets rounded up and 0.1 to 0.4 gets rounded down. A-Production cars have no minimum weight, and are not required to report to scales.

(b) Horsepower rating will be the published stock rating by the manufacturer for the vehicle as it is sold in the U.S. If both gross and net are published, the gross rating will be used. If the car is sold in Canada with a different horsepower rating it will be the Race Stewards responsibility to determine if the rating system is different or if the engines are actually different. If the Race Steward determines the engines are the same, the U.S. rating will apply. (Engines are defined as blocks, heads, exhaust systems, fuel delivery systems, intake manifolds and all internal parts.)

1982 Pontiac Trans Am SCCA GT1 & ITE   CACC GT1 & GTO ICSCC GT1 & SPO & ST
2001 SLP Trans Am Firehawk
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
2017 Chevrolet Volt Premier
reentry.racer  
IP Logged

ColinH
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2013 at 6:05pm

Thanks for the reply but I've looked at all that stuff and still can't figure it out.  I have a horsepower of 225, so if I was B as you think, I'd have to have a minimum of 2950 (225x13=2950).  My car weighs 3200.  Add me and the gear, I'm at approx. 3400.  Should that put me into a different class or as long as I'm over the minimum, I'm good? 

If I happen to register myself for the wrong class, what is the penalty for that?  I don't want to get it wrong and get into trouble, but on the other hand, I have no idea how to figure this stuff out.  It's my first year and I'm still learning.

Thanks!

IP Logged

TECHMAN
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing! It's safer

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2013 at 7:08pm

The car may fit into an IT class. I suggest you contact the Icssc Steward and ask.

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #4 - Aug 22nd, 2013 at 10:11pm

If you are 450lbs over minimum weight it's unlikely you are going to be beating too many people in B, especially as you are a first year driver. You will only get into trouble if you beat people when you are entered in the wrong class!

If you run in IP1 with CACC (no fuel cell or on board fire system etc.) then you are definitely not in GT1.

Double check with the tech guys and/or stewards and come out and have fun Smiley.

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

ReEntry Racer
International License

If it has wheels, we'll
race it...

Abbotsford BC
Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 1:44am

ColinH wrote on Aug 22nd, 2013 at 6:05pm:
Thanks for the reply but I've looked at all that stuff and still can't figure it out.  I have a horsepower of 225, so if I was B as you think, I'd have to have a minimum of 2950 (225x13=2950).  My car weighs 3200.  Add me and the gear, I'm at approx. 3400.  Should that put me into a different class or as long as I'm over the minimum, I'm good? 

If I happen to register myself for the wrong class, what is the penalty for that?  I don't want to get it wrong and get into trouble, but on the other hand, I have no idea how to figure this stuff out.  It's my first year and I'm still learning.

Thanks!

Okay, you're weight/HP ratio puts you in C Production. 14.5 X 225 = 3262.5 lbs
Just be sure you have no running gear mods, as everything from engine to rear end ratio has to be available in your model and year.

1982 Pontiac Trans Am SCCA GT1 & ITE   CACC GT1 & GTO ICSCC GT1 & SPO & ST
2001 SLP Trans Am Firehawk
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
2017 Chevrolet Volt Premier
reentry.racer  
IP Logged

Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 6:57am

Colin;

Go ahead and get yourself registered in C-Prod. You can always change it at registration after you have had a chance to talk to the Steward and Tech.

Marc

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

TECHMAN
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing! It's safer

Reply #7 - Aug 24th, 2013 at 7:46am

Tech has no control over these things at a Icscc event. The Steward is the small g god.

IP Logged

ColinH
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Reply #8 - Aug 24th, 2013 at 12:39pm

Thank you for the info.  I've entered as C Prod.  Thanks again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print