Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Summer's End was great, except... (Read 10,339 times)
alangbaker
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Summer's End was great, except...
Sep 18th, 2013 at 9:36am

...except for the fact that my plastic chest full of all my spare nut, bolts, zap strap, etc. was stolen.  Angry

But I'm trying not to focus on the negative. I had a great weekend of racing (even if I did get tapped from behind on the first lap of Sunday's open wheel race) and a pretty good first season of Formula Ford—of motor racing of any kind.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get out there and stay out there!

IP Logged

Bob_Williams
Pro Circuit

SMILE !!!!  Life is a
BLAST!!!  lUVYABYE

Canada
Re: Summer's End was great, except...
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 9:45am

REALLY......i bet someone "borrowed" it and forgot to return.....or......it's hiding somewhere in your trailer Wink Can't believe it "walked". Glad you had a great year.....I must say the car looked great on the track.

Winning isn't everything......but making the effort too, is!
IP Logged

jrez
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 10:08am

I thought this was going to read "....but the PA system was TOO loud."

I tried to hear that comment from several people in the paddock, but we literally had to yell at one another.
About half of the volume wouldve worked.  Smiley

1984 #777 Scirocco IP2(LOL) &&1985 M52 BMW 3 series&&1973 Super Beetle auto-x&&2005 Ford Powerstroke&&
IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 10:54am

You could volunteer to fix the PA.
We have only been working on it for about 15 years; I'm sure you could have it done by next March!!

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

alangbaker
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 10:57am

Bob_Williams wrote on Sep 18th, 2013 at 9:45am:
REALLY......i bet someone "borrowed" it and forgot to return.....or......it's hiding somewhere in your trailer Wink Can't believe it "walked".

I hope you're right... ...but my trailer doesn't have a lot of hiding places.

Quote:
Glad you had a great year.....I must say the car looked great on the track.

Thanks! You were an important part of making it happen. Having a next-door neighbour with the knowledge, the tools and the patience to help out the new guy really helped me get the car onto the track.

Now if we could just get YOUR Ford (and Pam's!) out with us as well...

Wink

IP Logged

jrez
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 11:46am

Keith Robinson wrote on Sep 18th, 2013 at 10:54am:
You could volunteer to fix the PA.
We have only been working on it for about 15 years; I'm sure you could have it done by next March!!

Never ever really can tell 100% on the internet what a posters emotions are, but that  comes across as, well, emotional.

Its fantastic that there's been 15 years of volunteer time given to improving the PA system, and my comment should not take anything away from that, nor was that the intent. (smiley face).
Too bad you're so defensive, and I appreciate the volunteer effort, but myself and half a dozen other visitor's found it to be too loud. Maybe it was just us, or the paddock location(basically center) but I thought it worth mentioning.

Smiley

1984 #777 Scirocco IP2(LOL) &&1985 M52 BMW 3 series&&1973 Super Beetle auto-x&&2005 Ford Powerstroke&&
IP Logged

Bob_Williams
Pro Circuit

SMILE !!!!  Life is a
BLAST!!!  lUVYABYE

Canada
Reply #6 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 6:01pm

hey Alan.......maybe you just forgot to bring the box of "stuff". I just bet it's back here in the barn.... Cheesy just saying.......you never know...... Wink

IP Logged

alangbaker
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #7 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 6:51pm

Bob_Williams wrote on Sep 18th, 2013 at 6:01pm:
hey Alan.......maybe you just forgot to bring the box of "stuff". I just bet it's back here in the barn.... Cheesy just saying.......you never know...... Wink

Dammit! I would have sworn I used it at the track... ...but there it was: on its shelf.

Sorry everybody, apparently the mind is going.  Undecided

IP Logged

RSRacer
Pro Circuit

winning isn't eveything
but losing sucks..

Reply #8 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 7:01pm

sorry for the volume on the pa,  We do need a regular announcer .

R Stec

IP Logged

jrez
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #9 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 7:34pm

Sorry, i don't know if its Roland or Ray who was doing the announcing. Anyway, the commentating was great, and if you have access to the volume ctrl, turning it down just a bit would be awesome.  Smiley

Im going to be back regardless, even if Im wearing earplugs all weekend... Grin

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #10 - Sep 19th, 2013 at 12:45pm

Jrez
Some speakers can be adjusted individually, just ask instead of complaining Wink
FYI I'm not mad; some club members spend many hours maintaining YOUR track for you to have fun so I don't react well to negative posts.
Look forward to seeing you next year or maybe at a work party Smiley!!

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

2muchfun247
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Richmond B.C.
Reply #11 - Sep 19th, 2013 at 1:09pm

I thought all the commentating was excellent all season and I had people mention to me how much it adds to the whole experience at the race track . I personally noticed and missed having it at the conference labor daze weekend , it was then that I realized how  great and informative it is as a spectator to have  the commentating , we are lucky to have it . Thanks to all those involved. Great job all year and the volume seemed fine to me and I never heard a complaint from any one !  Todd # 124 corvette

IP Logged

Pass Tense
Novice

Senior Racer

Vancouver
Reply #12 - Sep 19th, 2013 at 1:27pm

2muchfun247 wrote on Sep 19th, 2013 at 1:09pm:
I thought all the commentating was excellent all season and I had people mention to me how much it adds to the whole experience at the race track . I personally noticed and missed having it at the conference labor daze weekend , it was then that I realized how  great and informative it is as a spectator to have  the commentating , we are lucky to have it . Thanks to all those involved. Great job all year and the volume seemed fine to me and I never heard a complaint from any one !  Todd # 124 corvette

Agreed! I too missed it on Labour Daze.  As a newbie out there, it was lots of fun for my family to here my name / car number over the air. And helps people keep track of how your doing as it can get a little confusing from the grandstands.. (and from in the car..)  Grin

1991 IP3 Civic #32

IP Logged

Bob_Williams
Pro Circuit

SMILE !!!!  Life is a
BLAST!!!  lUVYABYE

Canada
Reply #13 - Sep 19th, 2013 at 5:15pm

alangbaker wrote on Sep 18th, 2013 at 6:51pm:
Bob_Williams wrote on Sep 18th, 2013 at 6:01pm:

Dammit! I would have sworn I used it at the track... ...but there it was: on its shelf.

Sorry everybody, apparently the mind is going.  Undecided

it's ok......just means you're getting older Wink

IP Logged

jrez
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #14 - Sep 19th, 2013 at 7:40pm

Keith Robinson wrote on Sep 19th, 2013 at 12:45pm:
Jrez
Some speakers can be adjusted individually, just ask instead of complaining Wink
FYI I'm not mad; some club members spend many hours maintaining YOUR track for you to have fun so I don't react well to negative posts.
Look forward to seeing you next year or maybe at a work party Smiley!!

Okay, Keith, my apologies.

Like i said, I can never really tell on the internet, and I looked over the response several times, but I thought probably the three "!" meant you were pissed. Anyway, no problem, and yeah, if the work days in the spring fall on my days out of the North, I'll make the trek down.

Really do think these are exciting times for this club.

Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print