Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Summer's End was great, except... (Read 10,340 times)
Pam Stec
Senior Racer

Road Racing-Not Street
Racing-do it at the track

B.C.
Re: Summer's End was great, except...
Reply #15 - Sep 21st, 2013 at 10:00am

Just a couple of notes on the PA.
I agree, it was too loud on Saturday. I asked Roland to turn it down and he did. You can always find someone on the executive board around the pregrid area when you have questions or concerns. Roland and Cherie both pit in that area, and Cory and Steve are available by asking anyone with a radio to contact them.
On the announcing; I thought it was a darned shame that our largest event of the year went without an announcer. Ray and Roland do their best to get up there between their sessions, but when the car needs repair, the PA doesn't get manned.
Members and friends, please think about those folks you know who might be interested in giving announcing a try. You never know what might become of it. Our youngest son tried it out when he was 14 and is now working for the CFAX radio station in Victoria.
It never hurts to volunteer and often pays in ways you might not have expected.  Smiley

Pam Stec

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #16 - Sep 21st, 2013 at 2:51pm

jrez
It's all good, see you next season.

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

backupbob
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Sechelt
Reply #17 - Sep 22nd, 2013 at 7:35am

I think the key here is ,We are all volunteers , so if someone is struggling with something  [ in what ever sense of the word] Maybe we should get up and help , there is always soo much to doo on a race weekend . and maybe some of the volunteers need a hand , you won't end up with a full time job , but you will probably have a load of fun .

Safety 1

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print