Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First Race Weekend at Mission (Read 3,437 times)
Mike_the_Oldest
International License

B.C.
First Race Weekend at Mission
May 15th, 2014 at 7:50am

2014 CACC rulebooks are available online. Please note the following:

1. We will be short-handed this weekend as Jim Kurtz will be out of town (if you're entering the SCCA Double National or whatever it's called you'll run across him). We are also going to have a couple of novice Tech Inspectors working with us. We hope you will be patient.

2. Please check to ensure that your helmet and seatbelts conform to the 2014 regulations. There is a change in the window net requirements, which will be in effect for 2015 but appears in the 2014 rules. The date of expiry on window nets will be pretty well the same as seat belts. Please refer to the rulebook for the full wording.

3. SA2000 helmets are still good.

4. A note to ALL IP competitors: The rulebook says you must have a shop manual available. Please bring this to Tech Inspection. You will be asked for it. We'd also like to have confirmation of your car's legal weight.

5. NUMBERS: this is always a problem with some folks. Please make sure your numbers conform to the requirements of the rulebook. If your numbers are not clearly legible or are not the correct size, you will be requested to change them.

Should you have any questions that I can answer, please direct them to me at my e-mail address:
michael_currie@telus.net

Thank you

IP Logged

Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
Re: First Race Weekend at Mission
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2014 at 8:15am

Thanks Mike!

To reinforce Mike's comments about numbers, I'll be up in Timing and Scoring by myself for the weekend, so any cars with questionable numbers from my point of view will be referred back to Tech and not scored.

Please ensure your numbers follow the rules, and your transponders are properly registered with the car on MotorsportReg. Failure to have the correct transponder may result in no times posted for Practice or Qualifying. If I have too many issues with one race group I may run out of time to figure out who the unrelated transponders are on the track and not assign your car to the transponder. It is your responsibility to ensure all of your information in MotorsportReg is correct.

Have a great first race weekend everyone!

Marc
Race Registrar
Timing & Scoring

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

Mike_the_Oldest
International License

B.C.
Reply #2 - May 15th, 2014 at 12:29pm

I would prefer to see any cars with numbers requiring adjustment be MEAT BALLED. I'm going to be pretty busy, too.

If they are meat balled and told to FIX THEIR ^%^&*(*($$%^&& numbers, they'll soon get the message.

But, that's up to the Cof C and the Steward. Not my call.

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #3 - May 15th, 2014 at 5:21pm

That reminds me, do we have a proper Clerk of the Course yet?

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

Mike_the_Oldest
International License

B.C.
Reply #4 - May 15th, 2014 at 6:34pm

Not my department. Couldn't tell you. Everyone is probably on their way to Kelowna, so you may not get an answer until next week.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print