Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
50% more for your racing dollar! (Read 8,722 times)
Doug F
Novice

West Kelowna, BC
50% more for your racing dollar!
Jan 15th, 2015 at 6:04pm

At last night's club meeting, the membership voted to change the race day session format to a "practice, qualify, race" for Saturday and "qualify, race, race" for Sunday for all CACC races this year at MRP. That's 50% more racing each weekend! Whoohooo!

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.”
- Steve McQueen

IP Logged

alangbaker
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Re: 50% more for your racing dollar!
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 6:43pm

Doug F wrote on Jan 15th, 2015 at 6:04pm:
At last night's club meeting, the membership voted to change the race day session format to a "practice, qualify, race" for Saturday and "qualify, race, race" for Sunday for all CACC races this year at MRP. That's 50% more racing each weekend! Whoohooo!

In the words of Homer Simpson...

Quote:
Woo-hoo!

IP Logged

Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2015 at 10:08am

How does SCCBC members get to decide this format?SCCBC organizes events at MRP .CACC being one of them.  But I believe this is a CACC Drivers decision ..  NOT SCCBC .number of races per WKND ,classes,ect,  is a CACC drivers(Member) decision , there could have been votes yes or no from non CACC members.looks like there was a quarm.but thats only 25 PPL, CACC has in the Hundreds of CACC RACE LIC. Drivers, I think we have a issue here,

IP Logged

Alan_McColl
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2015 at 11:30am

SCCBC makes the Schedule not CACC. CACC is not putting the event on the SCCBC is they pay bills and it is the club members of SCCBC that should be deciding on how the club runs it's events not CACC.

If CACC has control on how the club runs it's business then whats the point in having a club.

IP Logged

Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
Reply #4 - Jan 18th, 2015 at 11:40am

Hmm, maybe some more people should show up to the meetings where these decisions are made.

CACC is a sanctioning body. They do not organize races. This was a decision by the SCCBC, and voted on by the attending club members. The vote was pretty unanimous.

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

RSRacer
Pro Circuit

winning isn't eveything
but losing sucks..

Reply #5 - Jan 18th, 2015 at 1:39pm

Hello to all Members
                                 The previous comments are correct . The SCCBC as the organizing club sets the schedule. The CACC provides the permit and thus the insurance. this is issued providing the SCCBC follows the published  GCR's . There was a good discussion on the matter with some members wishing to eliminate practice all together. A good compromise was made in the motion to have a practice session on Saturday and only a single race that day, with 2 races Sunday. The motion was put forward and seconded. The exec was obligated to put the motion to a vote where it passed by a wide margin. I believe the exec on hand all abstained and allowed the vote by the members present to go through. It would have passed regardless of how the exec would have voted .
  As a democratic organization any member has a right to put forward motions for the members to consider and vote on.

R Stec

IP Logged

Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Reply #6 - Jan 18th, 2015 at 5:00pm

Yes SCCBC is the organizing club, thats it, all the rules are CACC . CACC members have a say ,If ICSCC only wanted 2 races on there 3 day weekend thats what they would get,  Its not up to SCCBC to determin the amout of races per weekend that count towards CACC championships, There was no notice from CACC to the members about this kind of change and that only SCCBC menbers could vote on it,  If the CACCmembers only wanted 1 race per weekend then thats what it would be. yes any member can vote put a motion on the floor to be voted on .  for SCCBC bussniss .  This kind of vote is NOT a SCCBC Matter....... ITs a CACC Matter and the drivers have a say,and its member drivin aswell.......... SO if at a SCCBC meeting. theres a motion for 5 races and pink cars,,,, that would be  it ,,,,I dont think sooooooo,,,   SCCBC organizes the schedule, but not the number of races.

IP Logged

Steve Hocaluk
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #7 - Jan 18th, 2015 at 5:12pm

Sorry Curt, but you are totally incorrect.  SCCBC sets the schedule and format for it's race weekends, it's the organizing club.  It always has and always will.  You've been around long enough to know that this is how it works.

Perhaps you could quote from the CACC GCR's or Race Reg's where it says that CACC dictates how a race weekend is structured.

Steve Hocaluk

IP Logged

RSRacer
Pro Circuit

winning isn't eveything
but losing sucks..

Reply #8 - Jan 18th, 2015 at 5:23pm

ICSCC  rules dictate the number of championship races each club is allowed to run . This is in their rule set. At this point it is  3.  whether this is on one weekend ore three separate ones is up to the clubs.They are also able to run ICSCC non-championship races as well. Right now there is no regulation on how many races constitute a championship season in CACC. With only one club hosting these races this has never been a issue.

IP Logged

Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Reply #9 - Jan 18th, 2015 at 7:03pm

You No there not there,,,,A rule change in Race Regs 2.2 may be in order then,,  I have no more comments on this, done waisting my time ...     Ive bin around long enough

IP Logged

SBR1055
Spectator

Sports Car Rental

Richmond, B.C.
Reply #10 - Jan 18th, 2015 at 8:57pm

I am in favor of this new format, if I could have made it out to the meeting I would have voted to do so. If for whatever reason it does not work out at the end of the season I assume we could put forth a motion to change it back again or change it to something else, always working towards creating the best system for most of the members. Finding something all members agree on may be a stretch though. Thanks.

Shane Bourel Racing  
IP Logged

Alan_McColl
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #11 - Jan 19th, 2015 at 10:08am

If SCCBC had no say on how to run it's race weekends and CACC had total control then why would we have a club that has no say. I don't think the role of the club is to be the Financial backer for CACC and to take on the responsibility of organizing the event at there expense.

IP Logged

Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
Reply #12 - Jan 19th, 2015 at 8:29pm

Alan;

I am totally confused by your post. What has CACC got to do with how we run our events as far as the scheduling aspect? SCCBC decides how many events they want to run and what the schedule looks like, as long as it falls within the CACC GCR's for a CACC sanctioned event. We have way more leeway with our events under CACC than we do under ICSCC. Having done the weekend scheduling for the last 6 years or so, I can attest to the fact that we have pretty much full control over what we do on CACC weekends. We also pay them less than we do for ICSCC events.

Other CACC clubs only have a say in the GCR"s and discipline specific rules, and not any say in how we run our events outside of those rules. We always run our schedules by the CACC steward and the race chair in order to make sure everyone is happy with the plans, and the only comments I ever get are just pointing out errors in the timeline, or the occasional note about switching a couple groups around to minimize back-to-backs for some drivers.

Thanks,

Marc

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

Doug F
Novice

West Kelowna, BC
Reply #13 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 10:09am

The only objection I've heard is to the "legality" of the change. Now that those in the know have established that it is legal, what are the actual objections from those of you who don't like the change? We still have a single practice for the weekend, plus two qualifying sessions, both of which can be used for practice, providing you're not too worried about where you start the race.

The members voted almost unanimously to drop one practice session in favour of a third race session on the weekend. I believe there was just one vote against this at the meeting, which no doubt reflects the overall consensus of the racers in the club. This change gives us a full hour of racing each CACC weekend, up from 40 minutes, and puts us more in line with the race time you get at ICSCC. What's not to like?

To me, it's a great compromise. But I'd appreciate hearing why folks object to the new Sunday race schedule. If there are enough objections, then put forward a motion at the next meeting to have it changed back. I think it might be better to see how it plays out this season and make any needed changes for next year.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the extra time for competition. Frankly, I've gotten into too many near races in qualifying anyway.

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.”
- Steve McQueen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print