Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Which media do you watch for SCCBC information? (Read 11,354 times)
Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Which media do you watch for SCCBC information?
Sep 13th, 2020 at 1:39pm

In these Covid 19 days where do you expect to receive information on SCCBC or Mission Raceway Park?
Would you prefer to have SCCBC Zoom meetings for general discussion or email 'Blasts' for important information only?
If the SCCBC executive monitored this forum on a regular basis
would you use it as a source of SCCBC/MRP information?
Where do you find out about CACC races or lapping day information?

VP Admin SCCBC.

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

Mike_the_Oldest
International License

B.C.
Re: Which media do you watch for SCCBC information?
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2020 at 5:39am

In recent years SCCBC has had a poor communication strategy. Since we ceased having a PitPass newsletter we've lost that monthly communication with the membership.

At the moment, I find most of the information I get is via a short, and occasional, email from SCCBC. This forum is an excellent medium for communication and I check on it a couple of times per week. I also get info second hand via friends and associates, but that isn't 100% reliable, of course.

WE have a website and it would be nice if that were able to be kept updated. I realize that someone has to volunteer for that and that's a problem since everyone is busy. Have to make a living and have a family life.

Thank you.

IP Logged

TECHMAN
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing! It's safer

Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2020 at 5:27pm

Same as Mike.

IP Logged

Tracey
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

Delta, B.C.
Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2020 at 9:47am

Morning, I do check the web site but I don't see a lot of updates or member involvement on the forums.  email are great for race weekend information.  Facebook possibly used more?

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2020 at 11:40am

So 97 'hits' and only a couple of replies!
Can we assume that some club members, maybe 40 or 50 do check the forum for information but have nothing to add?
If the club holds Zoom general meets once a month and email blasts important information (schedules, AGM into) is that enough.
Mike mentioned the Pit Pass, it should never have been scrapped, could a digital form be reinstated? I'm a member of the Lotus Club of BC and they have a Cam Journal which is really popular because of it's great content. If we could get Pete or someone equally talented to be the editor, would that work?
Food for thought and I'm going to keep on this subject for a while so feel free to join in  Smiley Wink!

1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

Mike_the_Oldest
International License

B.C.
Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2020 at 12:06pm

A good idea. Keep it up!!

IP Logged

Safetymike
Spectator

Don't forget to wave at
the E-Crew

Reply #6 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 1:51pm

Having not been to this forum for a long time, I think my answer speaks for itself.
I never use forums anymore and get all my information from Facebook, email and now online meetings like zoom or google meets.
To tell you the truth I find this particular forum model not very user friendly or easy to use. IMO

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #7 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 9:19am

Thanks for the input Mike.
Some people (including me) are fine with FB for quick 'notes' or news flashes but you can't write articles of any length; a race day report for example.
Would you like to see the Pit Pass revived?
Andrew Clouston's META publication (MAYDAY) has a good following.

1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #8 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 9:12am

A great weekend of racing with Lucky Dog at Area 27 with a lot of SCCBC members involved racing and crewing!
Nothing reported on this website and in fact not much on FB either (although it is early in the week).
With only a lapping day or two to come in the season maybe there will be more 'on line' or media chatter in the winter?

1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
Reply #9 - Oct 12th, 2020 at 7:37am

I saw a lot of FB posts about our members at Area 27.

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

spudrace
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Reply #10 - Oct 15th, 2020 at 10:07am

I posted lots of my photos from Area 27 but didn’t post them on the SCCBC Facebook page as I have  got the impression over the past few years that SCCBC/CACC were not big fans of Area 27 or Lucky Dog but I could be wrong. I have no problem posting the photos on the SCCBC Facebook page if you want me to.  My whole thing is to help promote motorsport in B.C.

IP Logged

Westcoast Jay
Spectator

SCCBC Forum Member

Abbotsford BC
Reply #11 - Oct 15th, 2020 at 1:48pm

I would be happy to help SCCBC with social media and getting the word out to members. Let me know if I can be assistance

Jason Miles

IP Logged

bigjim5551212
Senior Racer

Drive Hard

vancouver
Reply #12 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 12:19am

so, I come to here once in a while, but am on Facebook most of the day. Maybe there should be more concentration on using FB as a means of communication.

2013 Mazda CX5, 2008 Subaru Impreza SOLD, 1992 Opel Kadett dead fuel pump and crushed, 85 RX7 Race Car. Always online, facebook
WWW bigjim5551212  
IP Logged

Alan_McColl
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #13 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 10:47am

I would like to see PitPass  back if we can find someone to do it. Unfortunately it is very difficult to get content from members and drivers. FB is okay to slap some pic's up but we should still support our own website. The website hasn't had much going on for sometime with new info stories or video. I had in the past tried to get some video posted and was told no because it had nothing to do with SCCBC for example i saw a real dog fight with a Civic a Corolla at Bathhurst that I thought would be informative and showed driving skill at the limit with out carnage.
If we don't have fresh material of our own at least update with something racing related.
We need a website that is members only for discussion on subjects that shouldn't be public.
I did check the forum on a regular bases only stop when there was no new content.
When and Sara Hocaluk ran our media we had a lot of traffic on the forum because we always had something happening.

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #14 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 10:20pm

Well this is all really encouraging, action on the Forum!
I have someone that will edit a revived Pit Pass, what we need is a constant flow of club news.
Currently many clubs META, SCCBC, CACC etc are all getting used to Zoom.
Area 27 ran a Lucky Dog race.
A few club members are racing Go Karts at Greg Moore Raceway in Chilliwack.
There is lots happening in the world of BC motorsport we just need to decide how to let every one know!
Is it possible that all we need is to use this Forum? It would only take a story or two each week to make it informative and entertaining.
Bonnie and Kevin Wall becoming senior CACC drivers and racing so competitively at MRP is a nice story. Bonnie and Kevin have both written something on FaceBook but unless you check FB daily you probably didn't see it.
The story of how the club/RDC Driver Training worked this year might be news that members would like to hear more about.
Keep 'tuning in' we might get something working yet!

1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print