Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Portland Canadian - American Challenge (Read 1,199 times)
ReEntry Racer
International License

If it has wheels, we'll
race it...

Abbotsford BC
Portland Canadian - American Challenge
Aug 23rd, 2010 at 6:26pm

I haven't seen anyone mention the SCCBC/CSCC combined event from a week ago so I thought I'd do so.

I'd like to thank the Club Executive for working with the Cascade Executive to make that race weekend happen. And to the many volunteers who made it work, and so much fun, despite the very high temps, THANK YOU. 

I guess I needed a good reason to tow down I-5 for 10 HOURS!  No, I'm not kidding, the traffic was at idle for most of the way from north Seattle to Portland due to closures of other routes.  I hear it was Obama's visit that caused it. 

Once there, we found a great paddock spot in the middle of the action thanks to Jim McAdie who held it for us all day and almost all evening!  We were both in Group1 and Group 4 so we formed a sort of team and helped each other out all weekend, which was a very nice way to spend the days, especially at 100+ degrees!

A crazy driver took Jim's BMW for a needless push, costing a tire and some body damage during Qualifying, but we got his car banged back enough to see him have a good time in both races.

I lost 3rd gear synchro early in practice on a missed shift and nursed the T5 though only the first Qualifier for each race, then saved it for the real stuff.  Starting near the rear, I was smashing that poor tranny about 250 downshifts on Sunday afternoon, and it was still working when I got my 2nd in GT1 and 3rd in SPO, so hats off to Borg-Warner!  Better than I thought I would be able to do, so I'm happy! 

Thanks to Gerry and Sue for taking the long drive to Portland too, so now there are hundreds of great pictures to choose from!

I hope we can do this again next year!  Grin

1982 Pontiac Trans Am SCCA GT1 & ITE   CACC GT1 & GTO ICSCC GT1 & SPO & ST
2001 SLP Trans Am Firehawk
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
2017 Chevrolet Volt Premier
reentry.racer  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print