Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
'92 GS-R Dyno Charts (Read 18,426 times)
Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Re: '92 GS-R Dyno Charts
Reply #30 - Mar 18th, 2011 at 2:44pm

Got 2 Love those Screaminggg Hamsters  ... They work really hard and fast..  Union Hamsters arnt Cheap LOL,,, 

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #31 - Mar 19th, 2011 at 2:39pm

Jordy, if you are allowed to remove the original intake and replace it with an after market unit what prevents you from placing the intake immediately above the hole left when you remove the intake resonator? It would still be 'inside the engine compartment'!
(Assuming you can remove ALL the original intake parts that would include the resonator Wink).

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

Jordy Isaak
Pro Circuit

Really, how hard can it
be?

Reply #32 - Mar 20th, 2011 at 4:00pm

That's exactly what my current setup is, and I think most of the CRX and Civic guys are doing pretty much the same thing.

The question from way back when I posted the intake length tests was - how can I put the air intake location where it is now while at the same time adding 7-8" to the length to get that nice mid-range torque bump?  Definitely won't find an off-the-shelf intake that meets those criteria.

Generations Racing

IP Logged

Tedd
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 2:37pm

Doodson wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 2:27pm:
According to this chart , there is really no piont in taking this engine above 7500 rpm as both the HP and the torque (which is more important) drops off.

Actually, that's not true, although it's commonly believed.  To get maximum acceleration you need to maximize the area under the power curve, which is achieved by shifting at the point where the RPM in the gear you're in produces the same power as the RPM you'll be in when you get to the next gear.

For example, using the chart above, if the RPM drop between gears is 1000 RPM then you'd want to shift at about 8100 RPM/140 HP to pick up in the next gear at 7100 RPM/140 HP.

Naturally, that method assumes that the RPM you want to shift at is safe for your engine.  Other factors may take priority.  But that's how you'll get the best acceleration.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print