Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill (Read 4,632 times)
ryano
Pro Circuit

Road racing, not street
racing!

2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill
Dec 4th, 2010 at 5:32am

The BMW Store is running the 2008 M3 in the 25 Hour.  Follow them on www.nasa25hour.com click on live timing.  They are number 99.  There is also a team blog which I will post a link to later today.

I am running with another team (we has too many drivers when we went down from 2 cars to one).  I will be in #92 Bloising Saddles in an e30 and starting the race...

Ryan

IP Logged

ryano
Pro Circuit

Road racing, not street
racing!

Re: 2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2010 at 3:22pm

Well The BMW Store M3 lost an engine after about 1/3 of the race.  The crew worked hard to keep the M3 going but ultimately it was a fuel supply issue which starved the engine.  A supurb effort on the part of the technicians from The BMW Store and Brown Bros. Ford.  The drivers had the car as high as 5th while it was running.

Bloising Saddles, in the e30, soldiered on (however slowly by comparison!) and finished the race 26th overall, 10th in class.  It was a tough night of driving, dark, rainy and intense traffic but we made it through and saw it to the end.  Many thanks to Eric Blois and team for having me.

Looking forward to a season of PRO3 now, I think I had almost 8 hours driving time counting race, practice and qualifying...

Ryan

IP Logged

oldtransamdriver
Pro Circuit

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2010 at 5:16pm

Well done Ryan.  What do you estimate the total bill would be for an entry such as yours - entry fee, fuel to get there and back, motels, race tires, race fuel etc?

Robert

IP Logged

ryano
Pro Circuit

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 4:20am

That depends on which car, how much fuel, how many crew.

Entry is $1395
Hotel for 2 crew/drivers is $137 a night
Its 1300 km to Willows times your tow vehicle milage
Depending on the car, the M3 could burn 250 gal, the e30 120 gal.
Tires, several sets, rain and dry - new
Food times 4-5 drivers, crew for 4-6 days including travel so you can be at Thurs practice, Friday qual, Sat/Sun race.
Your time to prepare and attend.  However you assign a value.
Car prep or repair after, you choose.

It is no small undertaking but the experience is well worth it and costs can be shared between drivers and or reduced with help from suppliers/sponsors.

« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2010 at 8:14am by ryano »  

IP Logged

Jeff
Senior Racer

go speed racer!!

Reply #4 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 4:10am

You guys rocked! We, not so much. Terry and I picked up a ride with Manfred in the 240 this year and we had some problems. Worked through them to finish and had a great time with some awsome people. After finishing third overall in the Caterham last year, I can't wait to put our new car in the mix to see if we can finish a spot or two higher this year!

Jeff

IP Logged

ryano
Pro Circuit

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 5:12am

Thanks Jeff!  I will be back for next year - already saving up!

IP Logged

ryano
Pro Circuit

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #6 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 5:27am

http://www.speedcasttv.com/#/races/230

Rough cut of the 2011 Survive The 25 Video broadcast on Versus.  It gives a real sense of the race experience.

I just want to point out that I passed that supertruck in the rain at night.  E30 revenge!

R

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print