Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CACC Licensing Change Proposal (Read 6,272 times)
ReEntry Racer
International License

If it has wheels, we'll
race it...

Abbotsford BC
CACC Licensing Change Proposal
Jan 29th, 2011 at 2:04pm

Apparently CACC plans to propose adoption of an ICSCC-style driver licensing system at the Annual General Meeting in March.  For drivers that don't race their own car, this means they will have to change the car number to their personal licence number when they borrow or rent a car.  If that car is driven by another driver in another class a few minutes later, then the number will need to be switched to that driver's licence number! When the next sessions are run, that whole operation will need to happen again, and so on and so on every racing day!  Please help me understand what is wrong with the system we have now, and why this will improve things for us.   ???

1982 Pontiac Trans Am SCCA GT1 & ITE   CACC GT1 & GTO ICSCC GT1 & SPO & ST
2001 SLP Trans Am Firehawk
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
2017 Chevrolet Volt Premier
reentry.racer  
IP Logged

unxetas
Pro Circuit

Volvooo!

Re: CACC Licensing Change Proposal
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 4:22pm

Sounds like a great time to open up a number printing shop Smiley Let me know when the rule is adopted and I'll start buying the machines.

-Tiago Santos

IP Logged

Posy
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 5:44pm

It allows Registration, Timing and Scoring, Race Control, and the Announcer  to keep track of who is in the car.  The only time this would be an issue is when driver changes occur as part of the session as in WSC. In those events the Steward is informed of driver changes as they occur. This is a safety issue in case of accident to know the driver.  When more than one driver shares a car during a weekend it is hard to keep track of the driver changes.

IP Logged

Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 6:11pm

I wasn't at the fall meeting when this was discussed, but as a member of the Timing and Scoring department I don't see why we need to do this.

I know who is in the car because even if a car is shared only one driver is registered for a particular race group. Therefor, if Driver A is in CW1 and Driver B is in CW2, then whenever CW1 is on track, I know Driver A is in the car, and Driver B during CW2 sessions.

If the drivers are sharing a car by Driver A running CW1 on Saturday and Driver B runs CW1 on Sunday, then Driver A registered for just Saturday and Driver B just registered for Sunday.

I don't see the issue here.

We should always know who is in the car unless a driver goes out in the wrong session; and if that happens then we would probably have an issue regardless.

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 10:26pm

I must have slept through that suggestion as I don't recall any number change scheme. Also I was at a CACC meeting today and the subject never came up. I'm not familiar with any ICSCC numbering system that involves licence numbers, where is that in their rules?

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

PGagnon
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

BC
Reply #5 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 11:14pm

So what happens when I race in more than one car in more than one class? For example, one car is in GTO, the other is in GT1. Someone in GT1 may then already have the same license number and car number as my GTO 'license' number. Am I supposed to carry different licenses for each different class?

IP Logged

Mike_the_Oldest
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:01am

I may be incorrect, BUT, I suspect that the license number is issued to the driver and there would be no duplicates.

I was also at the Fall CACC meeting and don't recall any mention of this. Maybe I was asleep, too. Or, having a senior moment.

Mike

IP Logged

Sign_Guy
Senior Racer

Reply #7 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 3:32am

Hey kids! If any of you are serious about number changing, I have a 20" Graphtec sign cutter and software for sale, with two computers and assorted vinyls & pre-space tape, etc., etc. Sort of a sign shop in a box. $1000 obo.

n'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk,n'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk.......

Contact Lorne at 604-204-2323 or reply here.

IP Logged

Mike_Kaerne
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #8 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 2:56pm

It appears that this thread was started due to an email conversation and not based on minutes of the Race Discpline at the CACC Fall Meeting.

Licence numbers may be the car number the driver requests - and the CACC application says if you don't request a number, you will be assigned one. Larry requests CW1 118 - he gets it. Someone else comes along and wants the same number, they don't get it. They get their second preference, or if no preference then what ever number assigned to them.

Marc's comments are amusing, since we so often hear the PA, who have the feed from T&S, announcing the wrong driver name. - especially in WSC. It has been a problem that SCCBC still had not solved at the end of last season. It is imperative that the Clerk, Steward and other officials have an accurate entry list in order to know who is in a car.

In the WSC the steward is informed of the driver change and radios Control but that info is rarely relayed to T&S or PA - in all other cases  the Steward is the one that permits a driver change.

IP Logged

Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 6:02am

Yes Mike, I am an amusing guy, just ask my wife. Wink

We all know the WSC is a special case in many ways. Smiley And this proposal wouldn't really affect that anyways as the WSC uses it's own numbers (assigned by the entrant).

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print