Driver Training (Read 8,837 times)
racerabbit
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Driver Training
Jul 17th, 2011 at 4:37pm

Hello,

Didnt know where to post this but just wanted to say thank you to all the instructors and flagging volunteers and everyone else that gave their time to make this happen. Absolutely great environment and  attitude from everyone

Thanks,

Shawn

IP Logged

Steve Hocaluk
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Re: Driver Training
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2011 at 6:42pm

Thanks Shawn!  So glad to hear your enjoyed yourself.  There's always room for more people to get involved in what we do, so don't hesitate to join us....and bring friends!   Wink

Cheers!

Steve

Steve Hocaluk

IP Logged

Bob_Williams
Pro Circuit

SMILE !!!!  Life is a
BLAST!!!  lUVYABYE

Canada
Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 9:21am

ya know.......I wasn't going to say anything but............those that know me, know better. Here goes........Saturday was an unusual day, and extremely tiring. We were there to accompany 2 renters and to take care of the cars, fight off the mosquitoes, and try and stay dry. Saturday pm I asked the head poobah (Pam Stec) if there was anything that we could do to pass the time for Sunday's session as the renters seemed to be ok with the cars. "Well".....she says, "we do need a starter". "Want to
be the starter for the day"? How hard could that be I thought. I've always had a great respect for our turn workers, safety crew, meta, starter, and all the rest that make it possible for us to play. Last race w/e was "volunteer appreciation w/e", and even though we understand why they are here, (for us) something as little as a wave says volumes of thanks to these great folks. I know we get busy with "stuff" and forget, try a "thanks", "great day", and my favorite........."you're the best". If you ever REALLY need them.......they'll be there for ya. Oh ya......they all love to eat. Wink 
So Sunday morning........feeling pretty good........up in the stater stand.......feeling the power........quizzing myself on the flags.........(for those that don't know me...I also race) yellow flag, ok, meatball, ok, double yellow, ok, green yup, black and so on. got it. Maybe. It was the waving and stationary thing that i forgot. Crap! I'm always in the car looking up. Hell, that's easier than this. Try it sometime. Numbers......for anyone over 40....numbers need to be BIGGER so you can see them comin at ya. "Did you get #00 furled black" Pam asked me....."No I didn't" no number on the hood......Mmmmmm for next year........"who was the last car across the line?"
"I dunno" as turn station 2" no # on the back either.
It was a wonderful experience, great place to see the cars, as in any corner, and, George......if you read this, and you better, i would just like to say, "Don't worry, I don't want your job". But.......I have a great deal more respect for you especially, and all the turn workers alike.
And Pam, you know I love ya....but this "copy" stuff......got to go......It's 10-4 good buddy and roger Roger.
Graham and I had a great time, great driving by everyone given the conditions, wonderful students that we spoke with. Most of all.......can't wait until next year. If I'm allowed.....I'd be happy to do it again.......my way
  Kiss
A Priceless Experience for us all. Thank You.
                 Bob Williams

Winning isn't everything......but making the effort too, is!
IP Logged

LoCo
International License

Don't let this Daigo by!

Reply #3 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 3:32pm

We thought you guys were great up on the starter stand, especially the eye contact with the cars exiting onto the track.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." &&Mark Twain

IP Logged

RSRacer
Pro Circuit

winning isn't eveything
but losing sucks..

Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 4:52pm

Thanks to all the club members who pitched in and helped out. We seemed to be down alittle in numbers from our usual turn worker crew and we needed the help. A big thanks to our usual track side workers who came out and did a fine job, sorry about the bugs.

Roland Stec
RDC Chairman

IP Logged

racerabbit
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 6:01pm

was so much fun cant wait to get my car out to a race.

there were some pics taken of all the cars when and where will those be posted  ???

IP Logged

Bob_Williams
Pro Circuit

SMILE !!!!  Life is a
BLAST!!!  lUVYABYE

Canada
Reply #6 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 4:40am

go to "Road Racing @ Mission"  and view post from 604productions.

Winning isn't everything......but making the effort too, is!
IP Logged

Pam Stec
Senior Racer

Road Racing-Not Street
Racing-do it at the track

B.C.
Reply #7 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 8:32am

We did some pictures in pregrid. I will try to get those loaded tonight

Pam Stec

IP Logged

racerabbit
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #8 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 3:09pm

Bob_Williams wrote on Jul 21st, 2011 at 4:40am:
go to "Road Racing @ Mission"  and view post from 604productions.

my car and many others were not in those photos Undecided

Pam Stec wrote on Jul 21st, 2011 at 8:32am:
We did some pictures in pregrid. I will try to get those loaded tonight

Thanks Pam Grin

IP Logged

racerabbit
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #9 - Aug 1st, 2011 at 4:45pm

"We did some pictures in pregrid. I will try to get those loaded tonight"

any luck?  Undecided

IP Logged

Pam Stec
Senior Racer

Road Racing-Not Street
Racing-do it at the track

B.C.
Reply #10 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 6:22pm

If I could figure out how to insert the photo here I would be happy to do it. I sent them to Marc who is probably up to his ears in work. If you send me a PM with your email address I can send it to you directly.

Pam Stec

IP Logged

racerabbit
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #11 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 7:19pm

pm'd  Grin

IP Logged

racerabbit
Novice