Road racing, not street
racing!

Re classing my car?
Oct 10th, 2012 at 4:02pm

over the winter im going to strip my car down ..... Again
Undecided

its an ip2 car at the moment but what im wondering is

i would like to rebuild the engine

so do i just rebuild it stock or do i do a few things to it?

what classes can i get into with a 2.0l non turbo

and what other kinds of cars are in these classes

IP Logged

Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Re: Re classing my car?
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 6:33pm

the IP / SCCA IT rules  Engine Basics  1mm on bore.   0.5 increase on stock compression  Cold air intake ..Chip the computer..  Go SCCA .org  the rules are under improved touring

IP Logged

racerabbit
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:13pm

i see what you are saying i guess maybe i need more of an opinion or something

if i build the car in an ipe class am i going to be runing against anyone? more than a few cars?(has there been enough cars in this class for some consitant turn outs ?)

i would like to be able to build the car for two classes (ie. ip2, ipe) if possible, but maybe thats not realistic to be competitive in both clases

or i was thinking a gtu, gtl?  

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:22pm

You can run GTM and IPE

IP Logged

Jordy Isaak
Pro Circuit

Really, how hard can it
be?

Reply #4 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 3:18am

Wouldn't it be GTU if it's 1999cc or less?

Generations Racing

IP Logged

racerabbit
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2012 at 5:11pm

thats what im trying to find out right now

can anyone point to the page where the rules would apply for me in the scca pdf?

engine would be 1984cc

IP Logged

Sign_Guy
Senior Racer

Reply #6 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 6:35am

Here is a copy of the CACC General Comp. Regs (GCR) that list engine size for GTM, GTO & GTU as adapted from SCCA. Because these three groups may be considered a regional-only class it may not be indicated in SCCA regs. as they tend to deal with national-class regs. It is my understanding that CACC regs apply at River's Edge for these groups. A query of this at the fall CACC meeting would confrim this, or not. Hope this helps.

17 GT Category
17.1 SCCA Regulations
A Regulations for the preparation of cars competing in this class shall be those published for the current competition year by the Sports Car Club of America for GT Category, and the GT Car Specifications published by the Sports Car Club of America, as well as all addenda and revisions thereto, but with the following exceptions.
1 Where reference is made to the authority of the Sports Car Club of America and/or its officials, this shall be construed to mean CACC and/or its officials.
2 In cases where a car available for volume sale in Canada is not available in the United States, the manufacturer, distributor or importer of said car may apply to CACC for recognition of the car’s eligibility to compete in GT category in CACC sanctioned competitions. CACC shall also permit cars similarly recognized by WCMA as eligible to compete in GT category in CACC sanctioned competitions.
17.2 GT-S Category
A To allow CACC members an opportunity to race vehicles that do not conform to the preparation regulations listed in these regulations, a GTS class shall be provided. GTS vehicles must be prepared to full CACC GT safety regulations including fuel cell, fire suppression system, full cage, window clips, and external master switch. GTS vehicles must be based on a production vehicle. IP legal cars can run in the GTS category classes only as a second entry.
B GTS category will be divided into three classes as follows:
1 GTU, for vehicles with an engine displacement less than or equal to 2,000 cc’s and Mazda 12A rotary engines
2 GTM for vehicles with an engine displacement greater than 2,000 cc’s and less than or equal to 4,000 cc’s and Mazda 13B rotary engines
3 GTO for vehicles with an engine displacement greater than 4,000 cc’s
4 For the purposes of classification, cars with forced induction engines will have their actual displacement multiplied by a factor of 1.4.
17.3 Improved Production cars entered in GTS Category
A To allow CACC members an opportunity to compete in GTS category as an additional entry, cars whose logbooks states the car is an IP category car may be entered in GTS category.

IP Logged

Sign_Guy
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 3:25am

Further info, here is the link to WCMA GT race regs:
http://www.wcma.ca/2011%20Race/2011%20Technical%20Regulations%20-%20Race.pdf

IP Logged

racerabbit
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #8 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 3:55pm

thanks for all the info guys

i have some reading, thinking and deciding to do in the next couple weeks before some sort of work begins

Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print