Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GTL may be Done after 2014 (Read 18,248 times)
Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
GTL may be Done after 2014
Aug 13th, 2013 at 11:05am

GTL
1. #12068 (Club Racing Board) Consolidation Process for GTL
In 2012 the Club Racing Board (CRB) was given direction by the Board of Directors (BOD) to actively
manage classes. That direction led to the consolidation of the Touring classes and the incorporation of
STO into GT2 in 2013. For 2014, CSR, DSR and Sports 2000 will be consolidated into two classes
P1 and P2.
In an effort to strengthen GT racing, the Club Racing Board has determined that the next class to be
consolidated is GTL. The CRB is recommending a multi-step process that will fairly classify the
existing (cars with log books issued prior to January 1, 2014) GTL cars into GT3, FP and HP. GTL
will remain a Majors and Runoffs eligible for 2014 and will be eliminated in 2015. Current GTL cars
may begin to run in GT3 or the appropriate Production classes starting on January 1, 2014. The
current CRB proposal is as follows:
1. Reduce the speed potential of the current GT3 cars approximately 3 seconds a lap. This
change will allow current 1.6-2.0 liter GTL cars to be unrestricted and move to GT3.
2. The remaining 1.2-1.5 liter GTL cars will be moved to FP with a weight penalty for tube
frame chassis. This allowance will only be for existing GTL cars. No new tube frame cars can
be built for FP.
3. Some of the very small bore 0.9-1.2 liter GTL cars will be moved to HP with a weight penalty
for tube fame chassis. This allowance will only be for existing GTL cars. No new tube frame
cars can be built for HP.

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Re: GTL may be Done after 2014
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2013 at 9:08am

I'm guessing you will go to FP, so who will you be racing with in that class?

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Re: GTL may be Done after 2014
Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2013 at 10:03pm

Keith Robinson wrote on Aug 14th, 2013 at 9:08am:
I'm guessing you will go to FP, so who will you be racing with in that class?

I was hoping you would find the courage, Keith

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print