Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Strange 2014 Schedule (Read 8,620 times)
Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Strange 2014 Schedule
Dec 1st, 2013 at 10:44pm

Practice Saturday with one day race in March?
Non championship October date?
Love the BCHMR date, it'll be the feature race of the year, in my opinion Wink

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

unxetas
Pro Circuit

Volvooo!

Re: Strange 2014 Schedule
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2013 at 11:36pm

Yeah I thought the one day race thing was a bit odd.. But it will be nice to have a test day on the Saturday!

The October race is the weekend of the Laguna Seca runoffs, so is that why the race won't count? I do expect there will be quite a few of us down in California, whether to race or to spectate..

-Tiago Santos

IP Logged

atc16
Spectator

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2013 at 7:50am

Where is the 2014 schedule posted?

IP Logged

unxetas
Pro Circuit

Volvooo!

Reply #3 - Dec 2nd, 2013 at 8:07am

-Tiago Santos

IP Logged

Bob_Williams
Pro Circuit

SMILE !!!!  Life is a
BLAST!!!  lUVYABYE

Canada
Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2013 at 4:00pm

Interesting......a schedule this early WOW. Pretty impressive. Can't remember the last time it was before the end of the year, never mind before December. Thanks Smiley

Winning isn't everything......but making the effort too, is!
IP Logged

RSRacer
Pro Circuit

winning isn't eveything
but losing sucks..

Reply #5 - Dec 2nd, 2013 at 5:38pm

Hello Racers, The early schedule was a result of the ICSCC finalizing its schedule at the fall meeting rather than the spring one .along with the Custom Car club giving  us their schedule promptly this year.
   We normally need to wait for these before we can confirm ours ,Its not the exec dragging their feet  as we try to have the schedule out as early as possible. We realize that people need to plan for next year .  The first race weekend with the practice day on Saturday allows more drivers to participate in a practice day at the start of the season. There are still 9 cacc championship races this year.

Cheers  RS

IP Logged

TECHMAN
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing! It's safer

Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2013 at 6:53pm

The May 24/25 dates are the same dates shown for the SCCA Masters Tour at Pacific Raceways.
Anybody hoping to qualify for the run offs will likely be there.

IP Logged

unxetas
Pro Circuit

Volvooo!

Reply #7 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 3:19pm

RSRacer wrote on Dec 2nd, 2013 at 5:38pm:
 Its not the exec dragging their feet  as we try to have the schedule out as early as possible. We realize that people need to plan for next year .

For what it's worth, I think Bob's post sounded genuinely complimentary Smiley Other than the odd post on the forum in January when people are getting anxious, we all realize that publishing the schedule is dependant on stuff out of the executive's control, so it was great to have the schedule so early this year! Whether or not the executive had any influence in the CCC and ICSCC getting their shtuff together sooner, I'm sure we all still appreciate all you guys do for us Smiley

-Tiago Santos

IP Logged

Bob_Williams
Pro Circuit

SMILE !!!!  Life is a
BLAST!!!  lUVYABYE

Canada
Reply #8 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 10:47am

Well thanks Tiago.....and you're correct, it was ONLY meant to be a congratulatory posting. It's been the history of all clubs involved to align each others schedules in order to minimize conflicts and it takes time. Hard to do I'm sure, and you can't please everyone ......so having a schedule at this time of the year is great. So, once again.....Thank you.

Winning isn't everything......but making the effort too, is!
IP Logged

Vintage Bluenoser
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #9 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 4:57pm

I would like to agree with Bob (Why is that so hard to say? Smiley ) and with Tiago (much easier to say) and also say 'Thanks' on behalf of the VRCBC to all of the schedule-makers and to the SCCBC Executive in particular for confirming the schedule so early this year. It certainly helps us a lot with our planning and promotion of the BCHMR, which we have already started.

Stan

IP Logged

Tim Rosche
Pro Circuit

Home of Road Racing in B.C.
Reply #10 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 9:21am

Thanks to all for your feedback.
This season, we the executive, made every effort to avoid conficting race weekends. However as you can imagine with only so many weekends to choose from, and so many other events going on in our area, it is next to impossible. We hoped getting it out earlier would minimize any complications in your 2014 summer race planning.
Thanks,
Tim Rosche

Am I getting under your skin yet? Good. Then my plan is working

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #11 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 1:04pm

Being at the track as much as you were this year and having a 'feeling' of what was needed to try and keep everyone happy (impossible I know) I'm sure that your input helped in developing a good schedule. I have heard only positive comments so far.
However (you knew this was coming Wink) I still don't get the Saturday practice Sad. Waste of a race day and probable loss of income as far as I can see.
Including a 'Lapping' group from the previous weekends Driver Training might help with income. I've tried to promote a Lapping group on a practice day for only 6 or 8 years now, maybe THIS is the year it will work  Roll Eyes.

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

Tim Rosche
Pro Circuit

Home of Road Racing in B.C.
Reply #12 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 1:19pm

Thanks for your comment Keith.

The main idea behind the Sat practice day, was to give more people the opportunity to participate. Many people cannot take a day off work, to do a Fri practice day.
Also many people have expressed the idea of trying a one day race. The two work well together.
There will be the opportunity for another Fri practice prior to the Apr race on Apr 11. Also the 29 Aug prior to the ICSCC race.

Am I getting under your skin yet? Good. Then my plan is working

IP Logged

RadioRon
Novice

Langley BC
Reply #13 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 6:07pm

Will there be a novice race on the March 30th race day?

IP Logged

Steve Hocaluk
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #14 - Jan 24th, 2014 at 12:47pm

Yes we intend there to be a Novice group that day.

Steve Hocaluk

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print