Who have you commissioned?

Am I getting under your skin yet? Good. Then my plan is working

IP Logged

Dave D.
Spectator

Vancouver
Re: Feb.11 meeting
Reply #16 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 11:32am

I bring this up because there was mention in this thread about improving relationship with the landlord,  There's been some talk/rumors over the last year that the landlord may not be renewing the lease with the club and taking over the road race operation itself?    Huh 

IP Logged

Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
Reply #17 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 10:20pm

Highly unlikely. They make more money having us organize the road racing than trying to do it themselves. It would also be a really underhanded thing to do and would not go over very well within the racing community.

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

Fastist12
Senior Racer

Passinu

Reply #18 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 11:46pm

If we would have renewed are contract with BCCC Dec 31/14 I think we could entertain these thoughts,   We could move forward with Johns and Pams  Ideas. SCCBC would no where it stood. without a new lease inplace that kind of commintment cant take place. We had a year to do this and a commitee was to be formed and nothing happened.  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2015 at 1:29pm by Fastist12 »  

IP Logged

Steve Hocaluk
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #19 - Mar 2nd, 2015 at 8:10am

The actual facts of the lease situation are this:  A committee was not formed last year because Custom Car was up to their eyeballs in drag strip construction problems and was not in a position to dedicate time to a lease renewal process.  Both parties agreed that the easiest thing to do is roll the lease over 1 more year and give the lease renewal the proper attention it deserves when clear heads are available.

We have a great relationship with Custom Car and we need a place to play and they need us as a solid tenant.  Kicking someone when they are down is not how I or my Executive team conducted business and we certainly were not going to try and "stick it" to custom car as has been suggested.

Steve Hocaluk

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #20 - Mar 2nd, 2015 at 10:22am

There must be a 'full moon' over this thread, not much of it is factual or sensible  Undecided.

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

JHCartwright
Senior Racer

Road racing, not street
racing!

Reply #21 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 6:03am

I've been away for a bit, so haven't seen the feedback on this issue on the forum.

This issue needs lots of discussion and club member input.  If members think it's worthwhile, I'd be willing to coordinate further discussion on this, with a view to bringing a proposal to the executive, and then subsequently to the membership for a full discussion. 

There's a reason we have to pull teeth to recruit executive members, and I refuse to believe it's a lack of interest on the part of members.  It's that the workload is simply too great for most members.

Firstly, we need to evaluate our tenure at the facility as part of that process.  I understand we are in a one-year extension of our lease agreement.  Prior to any future planning, there needs to be a secure and reasonable agreement in place with the landlord.  That likely would fall to the executive to evaluate

Then, we can look at the track administration with a view to whether it needs to be altered.  We're generating significant revenue from private rentals, with roughly one-third of that flowing back to the club, and two-thirds going to the landlord.  Maybe that needs a re-think.

This whole issue is like bovine digestion.....it needs to be re-gurgitated several times before it's palatable to the beast.

IP Logged

Mike_the_Oldest
International License

B.C.
Reply #22 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 7:31am

John makes a lot of sense with his comments. Especially the last one. Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print