Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Track change / Upgrade (Read 14,793 times)
Tim Rosche
Pro Circuit

Home of Road Racing in B.C.
Re: Track change / Upgrade
Reply #15 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 5:50pm

This now is the third time I have asked who is building the washroom unit for the SCCBC???
I think members would like to know where $50 k is going.

Am I getting under your skin yet? Good. Then my plan is working

IP Logged

RSRacer
Pro Circuit

winning isn't eveything
but losing sucks..

Reply #16 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 1:30pm

As there are 4 bidders for the build and a contract has not been signed it would be inappropriate to name the contractor.

IP Logged

Tim Rosche
Pro Circuit

Reply #17 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 5:58pm

Why is the executive, once again, being so secretive about this project?  The membership has a right to know what is happening with THEIR money. I am surprised that more people have not weighed in on this. Who is in charge of it anyways?
Is this really going to be ready by the first race event when a builder has not even been chosen?

IP Logged

racestec
Pro Circuit

winning isn't everything
but losing sucks

Reply #18 - Mar 17th, 2015 at 7:44am

The 4 bidders is not a secret to our club members. Read your club meeting minutes. Or better yet, come out to the club meetings.
Our VP of operations is in charge of the project. The Club Members have voted to spend a specified dollar amount of "their money"to complete this project. Keep in mind this is a public forum. The successful bidder will be announced after the contract has been signed.

Ray Stec

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #19 - Mar 19th, 2015 at 8:07am

Meeting, what meeting? We didn't have one in March!
Did we publish the last meeting minutes somewhere? We used to have them in the Pit Pass but we don't have that now either!!
Communication has always been one of the club's biggest problems, nothing has changed Sad.

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

racestec
Pro Circuit

winning isn't everything
but losing sucks

Reply #20 - Mar 19th, 2015 at 9:57am

By vote of the club members we did not have a March general meeting. The next meeting is on April 8. Club minutes are posted on the Club website, and have been for years. Yes the "Pit Pass" was retired a couple of years ago due to the notion that everything was going Digital and on-line. We have received feedback that many club members miss receiving the newsletter. So in an effort to reconnect with the membership, we will be reactivating the "Pit Pass". It will be a quarterly publication to start with. So if any club member would like to contribute, please feel free to add your 2 cents worth. Peter Weedon has agreed to be editor, so any submissions may be sent to him.

Ray Stec

IP Logged

Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
Reply #21 - Mar 19th, 2015 at 1:26pm

The 'Vote' was at the Feb AGM. If you weren't there then you had no say...

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

Tim Rosche
Pro Circuit

Reply #22 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 5:39pm

Really?
Forum Admin wrote on Mar 19th, 2015 at 1:26pm:
The 'Vote' was at the Feb AGM. If you weren't there then you had no say...

IP Logged

Tim Rosche
Pro Circuit

Reply #23 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 5:42pm

There was no Dec meeting and I had heard the Jan did not have a quorum. So I reviewed the minutes as you suggested and found all the info as you have pointed out. Tx.
Also,FYI  the SCCBC club meeting minutes are just as public as this forum. Anyone can access them as well.

racestec wrote on Mar 17th, 2015 at 7:44am:
The 4 bidders is not a secret to our club members. Read your club meeting minutes. Or better yet, come out to the club meetings.
Our VP of operations is in charge of the project. The Club Members have voted to spend a specified dollar amount of "their money"to complete this project. Keep in mind this is a public forum. The successful bidder will be announced after the contract has been signed.

IP Logged

Tim Rosche
Pro Circuit

Reply #24 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 5:43pm

We should get the old logo back too, and start looking for real estate on the "plateau"

racestec wrote on Mar 19th, 2015 at 9:57am:
By vote of the club members we did not have a March general meeting. The next meeting is on April 8. Club minutes are posted on the Club website, and have been for years. Yes the "Pit Pass" was retired a couple of years ago due to the notion that everything was going Digital and on-line. We have received feedback that many club members miss receiving the newsletter. So in an effort to reconnect with the membership, we will be reactivating the "Pit Pass". It will be a quarterly publication to start with. So if any club member would like to contribute, please feel free to add your 2 cents worth. Peter Weedon has agreed to be editor, so any submissions may be sent to him.   

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #25 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 12:08pm

Great news about the Pit Pass!!!
Welcome back Peter; please remember more local news and a little less Jowetts in New Zealand ( sorry Wink).
A lot of our club members went to SCCA in Laguna last year. Scott Hargrove is in the news again and there is a big Vee race at MRP  in July. Also CHUMPCAR CANADA will be in Edmonton in August.
Lots of news for your '1st' edition  Smiley

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print