Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Legal or not....that's the question.... (Read 18,924 times)
LoCo
International License

Don't let this Daigo by!

Re: Legal or not....that's the question....
Reply #30 - Aug 19th, 2010 at 4:42pm

Rob,
Legal is relative. I'm not trying to obfuscate the question on the table, but I am trying my best to give you good advice. There is a line in the rule book that escapes me, but to paraphrase, it speaks to the intent of the protest of an illegal car. The purpose of the rule is to prevent protests of factors that really would not have changed the outcome of the race. In other words, the rules don't say you can remove the cigarette lighter. But if you were to protest your fellow competitor at a local race for a $3 trophy, the protest would not be carried, even though, in the letter of the rule book one could argue it's illegal to remove the lighter. So your comment of the hatch shocks or the wash bottle would be weak. However, if the race were for a National Championship and the lap times were within a tenth of a second of other competitors I would make sure those items were in. Then again, if you feel your fellow competitor at a local race is running high compression pistons and or cams, and you have the money to put down for a protest, then it would be taken seriously.
Hope in some strange way this helps you understand.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." &&Mark Twain

IP Logged

Rob Dyck
Senior Racer

Reply #31 - Aug 20th, 2010 at 3:35am

I guess I was looking at the rulebook in a way that was obviously too black and white....

"no component or part normally found on a stock example of a given vehicle may be disabled, altered or removed..."

But the world has become a "the maximum LIMIT is 100 so obviously I can go 109...112....115.....or?????

Ok, I'll drop it,  I can live in the gray.......... Wink

IP Logged

Doodson
International License

Doodson

BC , Canada
Reply #32 - Aug 20th, 2010 at 6:02am

I was asked why we dont remove the front passenger seat from the acura. Even though this IS within the rules my answer was :

" How much faster do you think that will make you? "

And that in a nut shell is what the stewarts are going to be considering if there were a protest for a washer bottle, lighter, or rear hatch shock mounts. 

Just take them out if you think it will help.

IP Logged

Sign_Guy
Senior Racer

Reply #33 - Aug 20th, 2010 at 9:30am

This was copied from the 2010 CACC General Competiton Regulations (GCR's), Section 12.1

12.1 Inquiries
A. A steward (or another official designated for the purpose) shall be available
at the event to receive written inquiries. A written record shall be made of
all enquiries, including the date and time received, as well as a summary of
their content. The enquiry shall then be passed to the organiser (or another
official designated for the purpose) for disposition.
B. Any inquiry from a competitor concerning their time or placing must be
submitted within thirty (30) minutes of the time it was posted.
C. Any other type of inquiry from a competitor must be submitted within thirty
(30) minutes of the completion of the last official timed run.
D. Inquiries must refer to the pertinent section of the appropriate regulations.

And under Section 13 (Protests), item G & H it says:
G. Hearsay, conjecture and unsupported opinion may be considered vexatious.
H. Protests that are deemed not well founded may also be vexatious and may be
denied. In such instances the protest fee shall be retained and further
penalties may be applied.

When in doubt, go to the rule book. You can ask questions of organizing officials without going the protest route

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print