Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
tech inspection - March driver training? (Read 19,308 times)
16VMK2GTI
Spectator

Re: tech inspection - March driver training?
Reply #30 - Apr 1st, 2011 at 9:40pm

Kind of new to this. Well really new to this. 

Just started, Kind of. I've raced stock cars, hornets, Mini Figure 8's at Saratoga.

I have a 89 GTI- Pretty much all stock, Cat has been removed, nice exhaust. Koni struts, front strut tower bar. Engine hasn't been touched.  I have taken out the rear seats and passenger seat. Basically the point system suggests that that would be 3 pts. But if I add a fire extinguisher that would deduct 1 of those 3 points. And I'm able to have 1 point against me in the SS class? So therefore I would need to add one of the rear seats? To meet the 1pt quota. 

If i was to run in a solo sprint, just to feel it out, would I need a roll bar or roll cage and also the sccbc practice days are coming up. April 15th then the CACC#1 is coming up the 16 and 17th. To me that sounds like the perfect weekend.

So basically, I would be running in the practice and CACC#1. If I was to be classified as a SS in a solo sprint, Would I need a roll bar/roll cage? I would need a window net?

Oh and memberships. Do I need to pre register?  Or can I register at the event?

Thanks for answering at least one of my questions. haha

Derrick

89 VW GTI 16V

IP Logged

RSRacer
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 7:07am

Please note.
                     To run on the friday practice day you need a race prepared car with all the safety equipment cage, window net , etc,
   You also need a  RACE novice or senior  license.

rs

IP Logged

16VMK2GTI
Spectator

dot app
Reply #32 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 1:43pm

Thank you for a response RS. So the question would be.

Can I register for a "Novice solo sprint license" at the event 16/17 event? Or should I take the ferry on the 13th and come to the meeting to register?

Can I register for the SCCBC membership at the event at the 16/17th event or come to the meeting on the 13th?

If I'm part of Victoria Motor Sports Club, which sanctions CACC rules. Does this help me out on this process? if it does, How does this help me?

Would I need to take the driver training course that just passed to be even to be even eligible for a "Novice Solo Sprint license"?

Also,  If my car is classified under the CACC as a SS(1-4) ***Would I need a roll cage/roll bar in it? in a solo sprint***

From what I gathered from the rules. I need a window net, fluid recovery system if its not OEM, battery restraint system, an approved helmet, DOT approved tires. Can I run a R compound something like a KUHMO V710? If I just have a stock seat belt is this enough if it has at least 2 inches?

My intentions- I'm being deployed June. I would love to race a track that has more then a left turn.  Any help or guidance would be appreciated. I would like to attend the first and second event.

Derrick

89 VW GTI 16V

IP Logged

ReEntry Racer
International License

If it has wheels, we'll
race it...

Abbotsford BC
Reply #33 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 7:12pm

Sounds like you need the horse's mouth!

Campbell Carlisle  CACC SoloSprint Director
604 591-2473
solosprint@caccautosport.org

http://www.caccautosport.org/pdf/2011SoloSprintRulebook.pdf

1982 Pontiac Trans Am SCCA GT1 & ITE   CACC GT1 & GTO ICSCC GT1 & SPO & ST
2001 SLP Trans Am Firehawk
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
2017 Chevrolet Volt Premier
reentry.racer  
IP Logged

16VMK2GTI
Spectator

Reply #34 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 7:39pm

Thanks again.  I hope to see you at the track!

Derrick

89 VW GTI 16V

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print