Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The Sports Car Club of BC

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
CW1 Video from last weekend (Read 25,608 times)
2muchfun247
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Richmond B.C.
Re: CW1 Video from last weekend
Reply #45 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:35am

No one is crying or adding any safety gear  Allan .We are voicing concern over the possibility of tires coming  on to the track after they are hit period ! It has nothing to do with cars on the track or any of our abilities to maneuver  around a spinning car  which Chris and Dino and myself did ! Most of us can predict which way a car will spin ...a tire bundle bounces around like a football you do not know where it will bounce or stop .. Did you read the posts at all ? You really should stop the name calling !
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2013 at 1:28pm by 2muchfun247 »  

IP Logged

Forum Admin
SCCBC Administrator

BC,  Canada
Reply #46 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:41am

Ladies and Gentlemen;

I think we've pretty much covered this and I will make sure the Exec has a transcript of this thread for the Exec meeting. Having been involved in many oi the meetings about this exact issue, I can tell you the tires are not going away, however, there may be some room for how they are configured, and possibly tethered.

Let's let the Exec have a look at this again and see what comes of it.

Thank you all for your postings.

Marc

Take it to the track.
IP Logged

Jeff
Senior Racer

go speed racer!!

Reply #47 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 11:13am

I am sure the exec and the race stewards will do what they think is right, based on the conditions of the track and the input of the membership.

Leaving for the triple in Spokane ( that's in Washington, 7 hours away) now, everyone have a nice weekend. I know that we will!

Jeff
Www.retroracingteam.com

IP Logged

2muchfun247
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Richmond B.C.
Reply #48 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 11:25am

Have a great time and good Luck Jeff !

IP Logged

Keith Robinson
International License

I RACE;THEREFORE I AM!

Reply #49 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 12:21pm

Just returned from 'The 36' Chumpcar enduro at Spokane, fun track, great race, good people.
We finished 29th out of 49 starters but I think everyone who finished the longest enduro in North America considered themselves a winner!!! Cheesy

1997 Kodiak Fox Formula Ford.
1986 CRX GTU/Ice racer.

IP Logged

2muchfun247
Novice

Road racing, not street
racing!

Richmond B.C.
Reply #50 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 1:32pm

Finishing a 36 hour race is an accomplishment all on its own ...finishing 29th is awesome ! great job all involved  Congratulations for a job well done ! Smiley    I bet it was a blast !

IP Logged

Dave D.
Spectator

Vancouver
Reply #51 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:36pm

lots of good points for both sides, my humble opinion there is the potential for a serious chain reaction event to happen there if the tire bundle suddenly ends up in front of a freight train of cars. not sure about tethering the tires though, but in my limited experience the only cars I see "regularly" cutting 7b are the pro3 guys that show up for conference races, I think what is more important  is the "regular" 4 wheels over the pit entrance line, don't know If anyones been warned and or penalized this year but ive seen it happen allot the last two race weekends from inside my car and spectating,  sketchy to say the least from either view point.   

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print